A bathroom renovation is an exciting time for a homeowner. Here is a list of our top 5 renovation trends for the modern bathroom to get you started creating your own home renovation plan.
- Japanese Simplicity – One of the most common modern trends to follow is Japanese simplicity. Homeowners are taking inspiration from Japanese spas and creating a luxurious escape of their own. From wooden walls to live plants, every part of your bathroom renovation can reflect relaxation and harmony. If you can, add a waterfall feature with your sink faucet or a great accent piece. Stone is also a perfect accent piece for a Japanese-inspired bathroom.
- Soaking Bath – A stand-alone soaking bath is the perfect accent piece for your modern bathroom. The deeper the better. This should be your safe-haven from the stress of the day, with a waterfall faucet and big bay windows to make you feel like you are in a place all your own. There are many designs of soaking baths to consider for your bathroom renovations, so you can choose the one you love.
- Glass – Glass shower doors, large mirrors, and big glass windows will open your space and add a touch of luxury. You can never have enough light in a bathroom design. Large mirrors can make the space seem larger, while accent and designer mirrors and give your space new character. Glass is an easy and sometimes cheaper way to modernize your bathroom.
- Floating Sinks – Floating sinks are definitely a modern trend. From stone to square, these sinks can open a space and become a fun accent piece. Floating sinks are available in round vessel designs, square stone pieces, wall-mounted options, and even some completely unique curved and spiral designs. If you are looking into bathroom renovations, the sink may be the perfect place to start. Once you have chosen the perfect modern sink for your home, the rest of the design can be shaped around it.
- Tile is In – Glass tile in the shower, a tile backdrop for your sink, or tile on your walls . . . no matter where you put it, tile is in! For a modern tile accent, use generally neutral colors. This is a classic and beautiful way to spruce up any bathroom space. Take inspiration from others or create your own design, and the possibilities are endless.
At Gateway Kitchen & Bath, we can make sure your bathroom renovations are exactly as you envisioned them. Contact us today to discuss your needs.