Are you considering remodeling your kitchen? Can’t decide which style of kitchen cabinets will best complement your decor? Here’s a list of the top five most popular, and practical, kitchen cabinet styles that are available for your home remodeling needs.
- Shaker Style- This subtle, rudimentary style is a great fit for almost any kitchen. Shaker style kitchen cabinets derive their name from the furniture style of the same name. The soft, precise line work of the cabinets highlights their practicality, while the true strength of this cabinet style is versatility. Shaker style cabinets work with many budgets and kitchen décors
- Flat Style- The ideal choice for modern or contemporary style kitchens, flat style kitchen cabinets scream minimalist, especially where the wallet is concerned. Wood is available for flat style kitchen cabinets; however, the laminate alternative offers a much wider variety of colors and sheens, allowing one to put that unique touch on their décor.
- Thermofoil Style- For the scientific minds out there, Thermofoil is molded out of medium-density fiberboard and then wrapped in a plastic coating, making these kitchen cabinets very durable while remaining cost-effective. One of the minor drawbacks is that these kitchen cabinets are only available in solid colors.
- Distressed Style- If you are seeking to capture an antique or Victorian look for your kitchen, you may like distressed style kitchen cabinets. These are the most expensive cabinets on the list because most cabinets have to be hand beveled, and they may also need outer hinges, which can quickly bring the cost up.
- Beadboard Style- Perhaps you were thinking of a more rustic look? In that case, consider beadboard kitchen cabinets, which are great for cottage-style kitchen décor themes. The traditional beadboard style is a classic look enjoyed by many. One slight drawback is they can be difficult to maintain from regular wear and tear.
If none of these styles satisfy your needs, you could always look in to other styles such as inset or louvered. You can even create your own style with custom kitchen cabinets. And remember, you can always consult with your kitchen remodeling expert here at Gateway Kitchen & Bath for evaluations before committing to any style of kitchen cabinets.